The most easiest way is to use ROGER app to make a purchase of your car battery and they will deliver and install for you for FREE if you are within Klang valley, Selangor, Malaysia. Else, the most common way to deal with a dead battery is by jump-starting it. All you need to jump-start a car is a set of jumper cables and another car with a functional battery. Keep in mind that you should never try to jump-start a car if its battery is cracked and is visibly leaking acid.
To safely jump start, follow these steps:
Take out the jumper cables.
- It’s a good idea to buy a set of jumper cables and keep them in your car. If you don’t have jumper cables, you have to find someone who not only is willing to assist you but who has jumper cables as well. Which most of the times quite difficult to get. The worries of meeting someone with ill motive is always there.
Place both vehicles in Park or Neutral gear and shut off the ignition in both cars.
- Engage both parking brakes as well.
Attach one of the red clips to the positive terminal of your battery.
- It has “POS” or “+” on it, or it’s bigger than the negative terminal.
Attach the other red clip to the positive terminal of the other car.Attach one of the black clips to the negative terminal on the other battery.Attach the last black clip to an unpainted metal surface on your car that isn’t near the battery.
- Use one of the metal struts that holds the bonnet open.
Try to start your vehicle.
- If it won’t start, make sure that the cables are properly connected and have the good Samaritan run his or her engine for five minutes. Then try to start your car again. If it still won’t start, your battery may be require a replacement.
If the jump works and your car starts, don’t shut off your engine! Drive around for at least 15 minutes to recharge your battery. If the car won’t start the next time you use it, the battery isn’t holding a charge and needs to be replaced. We highly recommend that you download ROGER app and register a FREE account today. The registration process is very simple and the app will let you know your car suitable battery model by just inserting your car model details. The price of the battery will be shown in the app as well. So, you do not have to worry about any hidden charges. It is just that simple. Visit http://roger.com.my to download app.